3 Things To Expect After Skin Tag Removal
1. Stitches Aftercare
- Make sure to keep the area covered for at least 2-3 days after you get the stitches.
- Use a clean paper towel to pat dry the area.
- If your physician has recommended an ointment, make sure to use it.
- Replace the bandage, if you have one on the stitches.
- Your physician should tell you when to visit again for stitches removal.
- In case of any bleeding, immediately contact your health care provider.
2. Cryotherapy Aftercare
- If you had the skin tags removed through freezing with the help of liquid nitrogen, there might be some pain for around 2-3 days.
- While you're healing, generally there's no special treatment that is required.
- A bandage should be enough to cover and protect the area where the skin tag was removed.
- If a scab is formed, do not peel it. Let it fall off on its own in like 2 to 4 weeks.
3. DIY Skin Tag Removal Aftercare
- If you've used our skin tag removal device to remove skin tags at home yourself, all you need to do is wait for the scarring to go away. It takes about 2 to 4 weeks, depending on your skin type.
- You can read about all the details related to skin tag removal pen by clicking here.
- If you have any pain after burning off the skin tag, you may simply use OTC ointments.